Thursday 11 October 2012

Threads and Glitter

I'm still feeling a bit ill (pesky germs!) so I've been trying to balance the demands of my to do list with the need to rest / put my feet up / generally take things easy so I can get well soon. This can be quite tricky at this time of year, but luckily things like sewing can be done while curled up on the sofa.

Also very luckily, my dad can be bribed to go to the Post Office for me (so all my shop orders are going out as normal) & to give me a lift to the local craft shop when I need to pop out to buy some emergency supplies.

I needed to buy some sewing thread...


... and I also picked up some silver & gold embroidery thread and some glitter, for a few festive projects that I'm working on at the moment.


I'm looking forward to making lots of very sparkly things this winter!

6 comments:

homemade@myplace said...

get well soon!
xxx Alessandra

Scented Sweetpeas said...

ggrr to bugs, we have them here too. Nothing like a bit of creative retail therapy to make you feel an incy wincy bit better :-)

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. I am very lazy when I am ill, so well done for keeping busy. I hope you do well with your current projects, I admire your ethos and what you have achieved. It's good to know that you can make a small craft business work. I love how you do everything by hand and so beautifully. It is inspiring to read about your work! Thank you.

bairozan said...

Get well and go ahead with the sparkly project , I'm looking forward to it :)

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks for the well wishes, folks! They're much appreciated :)

Unknown said...

Get well soon, Laura!
I'm sending your way a bit of sunny warmth from Portugal... :D