Friday 19 October 2012

Finally Finished: Knitted Cushions!

Do you remember, way back at the start of January, I wrote about the cushion covers (made with patchwork squares knitted by my mother over 25 years ago) that I'd been working on over Christmas? Last time I blogged about them, they just needed some snap fasteners added so they could be easily removed for washing... and I needed to buy some cushion pads to fill them with... and then they'd be finished.

Well, this week I finally bought some cushion pads and finally sewed on the snap fasteners and the cushions are finally cheering up my studio. Hurrah!


Time it took me to get around to finishing this project: 10 months.
Time it took me to actually sew on the snaps and order the cushion inserts: one episode of the X-Factor.

Sigh.


Ah well, at least they're finished now!

I think they look rather fab, and the spare bed "sofa" is looking very cosy now with its jumble of cushions and blankets.



It's a very comfy spot for sewing and drinking tea, and it definitely adds a burst of colour to my office/studio (see the full "tour" here) which is otherwise still looking a bit sorry for itself as I still haven't hung any pictures! It's not just me who fails to get round to these jobs, right??

11 comments:

Anna said...

Those are brilliant cushions! So colourful and they look so cosy. :)

homemade@myplace said...

They are really nice!!!
xxx Alessandra

Laura said...

They look great! Reminds me of pixelated art.

Nic said...

The cushions are fab!! I really want to knit some cushions to pretty up my sofa!

sewphie said...

They are so cheerful - that looks like a cosy spot to sit in!

bairozan said...

Pretty cushions and they made your studio/room so inviting! Feels nice to make something for yourself :)

Made in Suisse said...

No you are not the only one with almost finished projects waiting patiently for some TLC at the bcak of a cupboard for a very long time...sometimes you just need to be in the right frame of mind to get those little jobs done. The cushions look great. Thanky for the felt you sent to la Suisse :-)

Heather said...

Ooo, so bright and colourful!

Tatkis said...

Lovely and bright pillows, such things make house a home!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Anonymous said...

lovely! I could imagine how much work went into each of them...

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone! I am so happy with how these turned out, and how much colour they're bringing to my studio :)